Cooking with Bao “Dinner for Six” Sweepstakes!
Only 250 Entries beings Sold | Odds 1:250 | An Independent Hmong Farmers Fundraiser
Receive dinner for six, featuring various dishes including Hmong and Hmong American recipes, using ingredients that you can commonly find at local farmers markets and co-ops. Download the Sabadash App to enter. Money raised through the “Cooking with Bao” fundraiser will go directly to Hmong farmers to help relieve them of some of the financial impacts from the pandemic. Though this unique group of farmer vendors experienced financial difficulty in 2020, farmers still supported the community by donating to area food banks on a regular basis. The fundraiser hopes to alleviate some of the costs associated with starting up gardens for the 2021 season; purchasing seeds, plant starters, supplies, land rental, and equipment maintenance.
“Dinner for Six” Options (Winner Picks One Group Entree)*
- Stir fry Udon noodles dish with steak
- Hmong peppers with sticky rice, baked pork belly, and sautéed mustard greens
- Hmong peppers with sticky rice, baked chicken, and sautéed mustard greens
- Hmong egg rolls with sticky rice and sautéed veggies
- Hmong stuffed chicken wings with sticky rice and sautéed veggies
- Salmon bowl with avocado on the side
- Tuna bowl with mango on the side
- Khao Poon with rotisserie chicken
For Independent Hmong Farmers Corp.
A nonprofit organization focused on preventing local produce waste and hunger in the community through financial assistance programs for independent Hmong farmers who donate produce to food pantries and nonprofit organizations.
*Menu options subject to change
Subscribe to "La Crosse Local" on your favorite podcast app. If you like us, rate us five stars. We appreciate it!
About La Crosse Local
La Crosse Local is an arts, food, and entertainment podcast and publication for La Crosse County and its surrounding communities.
Find us in your favorite podcast app.